The terms and conditions apply to all use of the http://www.motivatingmates.co.uk/
In these terms, the following words mean:
Web Site – the http://www.motivatingmates.co.uk/
or any other URL through which access to the same is gained
You / Your – any Visitor, Subscriber or Member who uses the Web Site
Us / Our – Life’s Alternative Limited, the owner and operator of the Web Site
Visitor – any person who views the Web Site without inputting any information or details
Subscriber – a person who has entered their information for display on the Web Site, and expressly agreed to these Terms
Member – a person who has paid the Gold Membership Fee for access to features on the Web Site additional to a Subscriber
Membership Fee – 7.50 pounds per annum, which shall be reviewed in April of each calendar year.
- If You register as a Subscriber or become a Member of the Web Site, You accept that You are entering into a contract with Us on these Terms and Conditions. Visitors to the Web Site who do not register to become a Subscriber or Member similarly affirm that they are bound by these Terms each time they access the Web Site.
- You agree at all time to abide by the terms of Our Acceptable Use Policy which form part of these Terms.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and our Acceptable Use Policy from time to time and to notify You of the same by a notice on the homepage of the Web Site. Any change made shall be effective immediately upon notification on the Web Site and You agree to be bound by any revised Terms or Acceptable Use Policy from that point.
- You agree when you click “I accept” on the Web Site to form any contract with Us the only record of such contract will be an electronic file maintained by Us which shall not contain a copy of these Terms. We will retain archive copies of these Terms as amended from time to time.
- Motivating Mates is a site for individuals to try or share healthy lifestyles and learning activities with others. The Web Site is only a venue for Subscribers to learn about and for Members to make contact with other Members for this purpose. We are NOT operating a dating website.
- You agree that the service We provide is solely a venue or forum where Subscribers and Members may upload information chosen by them about themselves which is accessible on the Web Site. You acknowledge that no warranty is given that Your information will be of interest to any other person and that We are unable to check or ensure that any information provided by Subscribers or Members is genuine or accurate.
- We will not facilitate the provision to or exchange of any personal information between Subscribers or Members in any way. You agree that the decision to pass Your personal information to or meet in person with any other Subscriber, Member or other person (whether by way of the Web Site or otherwise) lies solely with You. We recommend strongly that You read and follow our Safety Tips prior to passing any of Your personal information and in particular before meeting any person.
- You agree that We are not liable in anyway whatsoever for any loss, injury or damage caused in any meeting between You and any other person arising from Your use of the Web Site or in any activities undertaken by You in any such meeting.
- You must be 18 years of age to become a Subscriber or Member. We cannot check the truth of this information and therefore We will not be liable for the activities of any minor on the Web Site.
- You undertake to register as a Subscriber of Member using accurate and current information in relevant fields. To become a Member Your Membership Fee will be processed by Paypal. You agree to be bound by the Paypal’s User Agreement in making this payment and to hold us harmless in relation to the processing of Your payment.
- If You become a Subscriber or Member, You will ensure that the E-mail address We hold for you at any time is up to date and that You are able to access it. If your E-mail address changes, You will update it in the “My Page” page of the Web Site.
- You are solely responsible for all use of the Web Site on Your Subscriber or Member account and You will not divulge to any other person any password or other access validation information for the Web Site. It is Your responsibility to change Your password immediately if You believe that any such information has become known to any other person.
- If You decide to become a Member, and pay the Membership Fee, You agree that We will provide Member level access to the Web Site immediately upon receipt by Us of your Membership Fee. Accordingly, You have no right to any refund of the Membership Fee during any cooling-off period provided for in the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
- You will not circumvent or attempt to circumvent Our user authentication, security nor interfere or attack any account server or part of Our network (known as “Hacking”).
- We may deny access to the Web Site from known IP address blocks which We reasonably believe have been utilised to breach these Terms. We will report illegal activities via the Web Site to the appropriate authorities, the police or any sport governing body.
- We reserve the right to immediately suspend or terminate any Subscriber or Member who we suspect or is alleged to be using the Web Site for any other primary purpose other than healthy lifestyle, sporting and learning activities.
- You agree that all copyright, trade marks and trade names, and other intellectual property rights relating to the content and method of operation of the Web Site (other than material which is contributed by subscribers or Members) are Our property.
- You will not reproduce Our logo or make a hyperlink to the Web Site from any other website without Our prior consent
- Whenever a submission is made to the Web Site by a Subscriber or Member’s account, You agree that:
a. It is the responsibility of the person making the submission to ensure that its contents do not breach the copyright or other intellectual property of any other person and We are entitled to rely upon a representation that the person submitting is properly entitled to do so;
c. We may adapt the relevant material submitted and You therefore waive Your moral rights to object to any derogatory treatment or to be identified as the author of the material submitted.
- Under no circumstances shall we be liable to You for any indirect or consequential losses or damage, including loss of revenue, profits or business or loss of data howsoever caused (including by negligence or breach of contract) as a result of Your use of the Web Site or any activities undertaken as a Subscriber or Member.
- Our total maximum liability to You in any circumstances not excluded by these Terms shall be the refund of any Membership Fee paid by You in the 12 months preceding the date that any such liability arises.
- Nothing in the exclusions and limitations in these Terms shall act to limit Our liability for death or personal injury resulting from Our negligence.
- You agree to indemnify Us against all liabilities, losses, claims, penalties and expenses (including legal fees) that may be incurred by Us from any breach of these Terms or our Acceptable Use Policy by You or any person accessing the Web Site on your Subscriber or Membership account.
- We reserve the right to assign or subcontract Our performance of any contract made with You under these Terms. Your subscription or membership is personal to You and You and you may not assign or dispose of it to any other person.
- No person other than a person who is bound by these Terms has any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to rely upon or enforce any of these Terms.
- We may give You notice of any matter in these Terms or in the Acceptable Use Policy by posting the same on the “news” section of the homepage or by sending the same to the e-mail address provided by You upon becoming a Subscriber or Member. Such notice will be deemed to be given on the day of posting or sending if sent up until 4pm on a working day and otherwise on the next working day. You may give Us notice by email to contact and such notices shall be deemed as given on the day of sending if sent up until 4pm on a working day and otherwise the next working day.
- If any of these Terms are held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable such Term shall be interpreted as amended to such extent as to allow it to be valid and enforceable and consistent with the intentions set out in these Terms. In any event the remainder of these Terms shall remain valid and enforceable.
- These Terms and any contract made between Us and You shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
MotivatingMates.com is owned by Life's Alternative Ltd no. 4144733